HOW TO KNOW IF PAYING FOR MUSIC PROMOTION IS WORTH IT
If you’re going to work with a music promotion service, there are some key questions you should ask before you pull the trigger.
1. What’s the service’s track record?Any service worth considering has a good reputation and are generally considered to be worth the money. But, that’s only part of the equation.If you’re looking for a service, make sure they have a track record of success stories. What kind of numbers are they putting up? What kind of clients do they work with? How have they helped them?
2. How long have they been in business?There are a lot of new indie music promotion services that have jumped on the scene and promise the world. At the end of the day, they’re generally not worth it. A good indie promotion service is going to have been around for at least a few years, and ideally, much longer. They’ve had time to build up their reputation and get results.
3. How many people are they working with?It’s one thing to work with a ton of people and have a lot of clients. It’s another thing to work with a small group of clients and actually get results.If you’re looking for a music promotion service, make sure they’re working with a smaller group of artists. They should be able to give you the time and attention you’re looking for.
4. What’s included in their service?A lot of indie music promotion services offer a lot of layers. Take a look at their website. Do they offer social media promotion? Content creation? Targeted emails? If so, what kind?Some services offer a lot of different tiers and levels of services. Some are looking to get you hooked to a monthly membership, which is not a good thing. You’re just looking for help promoting your song. There’s a difference between getting the ball rolling and getting your song heard.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM AN INDIE MUSIC PROMOTION SERVICE
This is something that’s easy to forget. When you’re looking for a music promotion service, you’ve got to be clear on what you’re looking for. There are a lot of indie music promotion services out there.Here’s a quick rundown of what you should expect from a music promo service.
1. A planThe best music promotion services are going to have a plan. They’re going to have a plan for how they’re going to promote your song. What’s their strategy? What channels are they going to use? How are they going to get your song in front of people?
2. A timelinePlanning is great, but you also need to have a timeline. You need to know that they’re going to get your song out in a certain amount of time.
3. ResultsAt the end of the day, the music promotion service you choose needs to give you results. A good promotion service is going to be able to show you the numbers and the hard numbers.
We would love for you to consider us for your next music push. We have productized campaigns that allow us to work with thousands of artists spanning nearly a hundred genres. If you're curious and would like to know more leave a comment below or contact us using our form.